• Children age from 7yrs to 14yrs
• Trauma, abuse and neglect
• Attachment Disorder
• Autism and some learning difficulties
- Use of play and fantasy games to engage children positively and therapeutically
- Effective management of disclosure abuse through play
- Successful management and support for children who have difficulties at nighttime or experience night-time terrors associated with abuse and trauma.
- High staffing level to ensure children are engaged in play and interpersonal activities that meets their needs for attention and interaction.
- Attachment and trauma informed practice
- Art & Drama Psychotherapy
• Newly registered provision, no Ofsted grading at present.
- Experienced staff
- Child friendly welcome and admission
- Therapeutic practice
- Safeguarding children
- Attachment informed practice
- Positive Behaviour Support
- Effective Key working
- Dealing with complex and challenging
- Holding young people within boundary.
Adapting to the needs of the young
- Sensitive and child focused management
Inside Oak House
About the Manager
Mario Ortega has been working in social care since 2005, mainly with children and young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties. Much of this work has been in residential children's homes but also in mental health with adults in a psychiatric hospital. Mario has a NVQ Level 3 Children and Young People, a BA (Hons) Therapeutic Childcare and is currently undertaking a Level 5 Leadership and Management in Residential Childcare. He has extensive experience working with children victims of abuse and neglect and understands the importance of a therapeutic environment to promote recovery from childhood trauma. He has been working in senior positions since 2015 and management since 2017. Mario is experienced in team management and leadership. He understands the importance of high standards in residential practice to achieve positive child outcomes.